Help Desk Tech – Level 2
Location: Hybrid Home / In-Office Department: Help Desk Type: Full Time Min. Experience: 1 Year Salary: $17 - $20 / hour
At The Computer Doctors a Level 2 Help Desk Technician is on the front line to support and triage a wide variety of IT problems. This position requires hands-on experience in an IT help desk role. You’ll need to quickly triage scope and priority of incoming issues and then begin established troubleshooting procedures. You won’t ever be expected to always have the solution to a problem, but you will be expected to have the ability to find answers or escalate accordingly.
What You Need
- Professional appearance and great communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working with end users in an IT help desk role both in person and remotely.
- Working with Office / Microsoft 365 / Azure. Google Workspace.
- Experience network troubleshooting and understanding (IPv4, DNS, VPN)
- An unhealthy desire to be hyper organized while over documenting your work.
- Firm understanding of the IT needs for the small to medium business market segment.
- Hands on experience building computers and small networks.
- Ability to translate Geek to English
What We Would Love You To Have
- Experience with Sonicwall, pfSense, Ubiquiti, MikroTik, or Cisco networking products.
- Experience working within an RMM solution.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like Hyper-V and VMware.
- Experience working with a ticketing system.
- Experience working with VoIP technologies.
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure AD, and Windows Server environments.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Providing front-line triage and troubleshooting directly with end-users.
- Working in the field at our clients’ businesses and homes.
- Documenting your work, interactions, and resolutions in real time.
- Assist engineers on deployments and projects.
Education & Certifications
- Hands on experience > Certifications.
- VMware, Microsoft, CompTIA certifications helpful.
- Starting salary ranges $20-24 / hour based on experience.
- Full time Monday – Friday 9-5 with possible after hours & weekend project/on-call.
- Ability to partially work from home after training period.
- Benefits: Health, paid vacation, paid holidays.
- Unlimited sales commission opportunities.
- Must pass a background check.