Help Desk Technician
The Computer Doctors manage a wide variety of client networks. Since every business has unique needs and varying budgets, our help desk technicians need to have a solid understanding of end-user IT needs. This position will be fast paced, require multi-tasking skills to the max, and be constantly customer facing both in person and on the phone.
What You Need
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work with clients’ of all skill levels.
- Utmost professionalism in your appearance and communications (written and verbal).
- Fluency in Microsoft Windows (7+), Microsoft Office (2010+ including Office 365), and Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive).
- Firm understanding of how to troubleshoot hardware problems, basic networking problems, software problems, and most importantly… user problems.
- Ability to design, build, and deploy desktop workstations.
- Minimum 1 year help desk and technical support experience.
What We Would Love You To Have
- Experience with Sonicwall, Ubiquiti, MikroTik, Sophos and other “business grade” networking products.
- Experience working with an RMM
- Experience working as part of a team utilizing a PSA for documentation.
- Experience working with VoIP technologies.
- The ability to take complex technical solutions and explain them to non-technically minded clients.
- Experience working with MS server operating systems.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies.
- Have strong cable management skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Providing front-line triage services to our clients’ technical issues.
- Troubleshooting and resolving incoming client issues.
- Providing proactive support by monitoring our clients’ systems’ health.
- Working in the field at our clients’ businesses and homes.
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services to our clients.
- Assist engineers on deployments and projects.
- Working within our team to enhance and develop our existing solution stacks in order to provide the best products and services to our clients.
Education & Certifications
- Hands on experience > Certifications.
- VMware, Microsoft, CompTIA certifications helpful.