Systems Engineer / Network Administrator
The Computer Doctors manage a wide variety of client networks. Since every business has unique needs and varying budgets, our engineers are tasked with planning, implementing and managing unique solutions. This position requires you are able to work with the client to understand their business objectives and have a solid understanding of virtualization, storage, and networking technologies. On the network administration side, you will be tasked with ensuring our clients’ systems are operating optimally by monitoring overall systems’ health and working with our Help Desk to resolve high level technical issues.
What You Need
- Firm understanding of the IT needs for the small to medium business market segment.
- Hands on experience designing, deploying, and maintaining server virtualization solutions based on VMware and/or Hyper-V.
- Hands on experience deploying and managing cloud email solutions like Google Apps and/or Office 365.
- Hands on experience designing, deploying and managing networking infrastructure like core switches, VPNs, firewalls, and scalable WiFi solutions.
What We Would Love You To Have
- Experience with Sonicwall, Ubiquiti, MikroTik, and Sophos networking products.
- Experience with automation scripting and working with an RMM.
- Experience working as part of a team utilizing a PSA for documentation.
- Experience working with VoIP technologies.
- The ability to take complex technical solutions and explain them to non-technically minded clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Engineering and managing technology solutions for The Computer Doctors’ Managed IT services.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and develop opportunities that use technology to satisfy those needs and improve their business.
- Help “pitch” solutions to clients by providing technical details.
- Supporting the Help Desk as a resource to resolve higher level problems.
- Working within our team to enhance and develop our existing solution stacks in order to provide the best products and services to our clients.
Education & Certifications
- Hands on experience > Certifications.
- VMware, Microsoft, CompTIA certifications helpful.